20th Class Reunion
09/29/2013 09:19 PM Filed in: Blog
It’s hard to believe that I’ve been out of High School for 20 years. My class decided to have our 20th class reunion on October 5th (which happens to be my 39th birthday). When I think about it in those terms, it’s a quick reminder that I’ve been out of school for a while. Don’t get me wrong, it’s more than half of my life ago and it truly feels like a lifetime ago. It’s gotten easier to keep up with my fellow classmates through Facebook and I already know what many of them have been up to. So instead of saying “What are you doing these days?”. I can say, “How do you like your job at the bank?”. This is certainly our first “post Facebook” reunion so thank God I won’t be shocked when I see everybody.
So here’s some real shockers for my fellow tigers… Class of ’93…
1. Transformers are 30 years old…. Yep. They came out when we were eight….
2. My Little Pony is 32 years old…
3. Return of the Jedi is also 30. Most of us saw that in the theater. I know that Jason Cooper and I did….
4. Most of us couldn’t use computers when we graduated high school.
5. We use computers every single day now.
6. When Smells Like Teen Spirit aired on MTV we started wearing flannel and ripped jeans.
7. Cabbage Patch Kids are 35 years old this year...
8. We had to endure New Coke for 79 days back in 1985. That’s right. It was only on the market for 79 days. It felt like an eternity. It took me a while to believe that it was regular coke in those cans after that….
9. We wore Spuds MacKenzie shirts in Middle School.
10. They figured out that kids shouldn’t wear Beer advertisements in Middle School and made us take the Bud Light shirts off…
11. None of us owned cell phones when we graduated high school.
12. Some of us can sing 99 Red Balloons in German and English.
13. We remember where we were when the Challenger exploded. I skipped school that day.
14. We only ate fast food occasionally. Certainly not every week.
15. We remember when gas was 75 cents a gallon.